Is it time to say goodbye? Do you have your move scheduled, but you’re not sure what to do next? We’re here to help! Follow these easy steps to help make the process of moving out of your storage unit as smooth as possible.
- Notify Us of Your Move Ahead of Time. For your convenience, our contracts are month to month. Please be sure to let us know you’re leaving in advance. We recommend giving notice prior to paying your next month’s rent. This will help you save money, so you aren’t paying for more days than you are using as we do not offer refunds. If you happen to change your mind, or need a few extra days, just let us know!
- Empty Your Space. Clear everything out of your storage unit so that we can close out your account. If you find something that you can no longer use, consider donating it to Serving Hands International to give it a new life.
- Clean Your Storage Unit. Help us make the next customer’s stay a great experience just like yours.Sweep out your unit and clean up any spills.
- Remove Your Lock. The lock on your storage unit belongs to you, so don’t forget to take it with you! You can use it again if you need to rent with us in the future. Because you have the only keys, if you leave your lock on, the space is still occupied by you even when it’s empty.
- Fill Out a Vacate Form. After you’ve moved out, stop by the office and fill out a quick Vacate Form. It’s quick & painless, we promise!
- Tell Us How We Did. Our goal is to make each customer’s stay convenient, safe, and enjoyable. If we have accomplished this, please let us know by writing a review! Ask an Associate for more details.