As busy as you are moving, it may not even come to mind that the upcoming holiday weekend may affect your plans. If you plan to move during this summer holiday weekend, here are some important things to consider.
- Friends and Family Being Too Busy to Help - If you’re looking for help on moving day, and plan to move on holiday weekend, you may want to ask friends or family far in advance. Many people will have plans that don’t involve spending their day hauling heavy objects, especially on a warm summer day. One of the most important moving tips will be to ask early.
- Movers May Be Unavailable - With high demand during holiday weekends, many moving companies are either booked on holidays or even perhaps closed! Make sure to arrange your movers well in advance.
- Self Storage Facility Closures - Be sure to check both office & gate access hours if you plan on moving into a self-storage facility during a holiday weekend. Many self-storage facilities close for holidays.
- Many Stores Will Be Closed - Moving day often brings with it a need for last minute moving supplies. If you are moving yourself, stock up for every possible moving supplies including extra tape, extra boxes, snacks, bottled water, garbage bags, packing paper, and furniture pads.
- Road Closures - Often times many holiday weekends comes with a lot more traffic on the roads and even road closures. Don't forget to plan you route a head of time!
- Hotel Availability - Holiday weekends mean a lot of people traveling. If you plan on staying in a hotel the night before your move, book your room well in advance.
The key is to plan ahead! Taking the time to arrange your move early will make moving this Memorial Day less stressful. Be sure to check back on our blog for the holiday hours at our A-1 Self Storage facilites!