As busy as you are moving and planning for new social distancing procedures, it may not even come to mind that the upcoming holiday weekend may also affect your plans. If you plan to move during the Labor Day holiday weekend, here are some important things to consider.
- Rent Storage Unit Online - We offer an easy online rental process to adhere to social distancing protocols with our "No Touch" rentals. Our friendly storage experts are still in the office ready and willing to help with whatever you need during your move! Be sure to rent online ahead of your moving day, so you'll have your storage unit ready and available when you need it.
- Friends and Family Being Unable to Help - If you’re looking for help on moving day, it's instinct to ask friends and family, but with the holiday and the current pandemic, some may have plans, while others wish to remain cautious and social distance. This may leave you with much less help. To make your move easier, be sure to ask about a storage unit with the best elevator access. And don't forget our pushcarts, so you can make fewer trips!
- Movers May Be Unavailable - While shelter in place restrictions have eased, there is still high demand for movers during holiday weekends. Many moving companies may be either fully booked, or even closed! Make sure to arrange your movers well in advance.
- Self Storage Facility Closures - Be sure to check both office & gate access hours if you plan on moving into a self-storage facility during a holiday weekend. Many self-storage facilities close for holidays.
- Many Stores Will Be Closed - Moving day often brings with it a need for last minute moving supplies. Stock up on all the moving supplies you might need, including extra tape, extra boxes, snacks, bottled water, garbage bags, packing paper, and furniture pads. As stores may be closed, you'll want to have all of your supplies on hand.
- Road Closures - Often times, many holiday weekends come with a lot more traffic on the roads, and even road closures. Don't forget to plan your route ahead of time!
- Hotel Hours - If you plan on staying in a hotel the night before your move, call around to inquire about their new protocols and precautions for guests health. Also, be sure the hotel you wish to stay is still open and has availability.
The key is to plan ahead! Taking the time to arrange your move early will make moving this Labor Day weekend less stressful. Be sure to check back on our blog for the holiday hours at our A-1 Self Storage facilities!