The holiday season is accompanied by visits from friends and family. While this is one of the best parts of the holidays, it can also cause a lot of stress! If you are the host this season, you may be feeling the stress that comes with cleaning up in preparation to welcome guests into your home. Did you know that renting a storage unit can help?
Add any unwanted clutter, such as stacked up paperwork, or even extra furniture to your storage unit while guests are in town. This will allow more space for holiday festivities. If you already have a unit, a quick trip to your storage facility might also uncover necessities like extra pillows, blankets, or chairs, that you could use to make your guests feel more at home during their stay.
In preparation for your guests’ arrival, we have collected our most helpful tips to make your life easier!
- Make space in your fridge so that dishes prepped the day before the holiday can fit. You’ll want to start your cooking early, and make room for leftovers!
- Freshen up clean linens in the dryer for overnight guests.
- Consider the kids. If young children are part of your holiday, childproof your home. Wrap up and store breakables in your storage unit.
- Stock up on the necessities; pillows, blankets, snacks, drinks, and toilet paper. Especially for overnight guests.
- Accept help from your guests!
Just a little bit of preparing now will help you relax & enjoy the time spent with your friends and family. And isn't that what the holidays are all about?