Quick Reference Guide
- 1.1 When You Visit Our Site or Use Our App
- 1.2 When You Rent a Storage Unit
- 1.3 When You Make a Purchase
- 1.4 If You Contact Us
- 1.5 If You Leave a Review or Testimonial
- 1.6 If You Interact with Us on Social Media
1. What Information We Collect and How We Use It
We collect information that identifies, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with you (“Personal Information”). The following discusses the categories of Personal Information we collect, the sources we collect information from, and the business or commercial purposes we use your Personal Information. Personal Information does not include publicly available information from government records, deidentified information, or aggregated information.
1.1 When You Visit Our Site or Use Our App
We may collect the following Personal Information from you when you visit our Site or App:
- Identifiers, such as your IP address and other online identifiers.
- Account Credentials, if you register for an account, we collect your username, password, and passwords hints.
- Commercial Information, such as the products or services you purchased or considered.
- Internet and Network Activity, such as your browsing or search activity, which is described in more detail below in the section on Cookies.
- Geolocation Data, which we may infer from your IP address or if your browser or device settings enable location sharing.
- Inferences drawn from this information that may reflect your preferences.
We use this information for operational purposes like making our Site and App function and to make our Services accessible on the internet. We use this information to monitor our Site performance and trusted website traffic. We may also use this information to understand how we can exceed your expectations, improve and customize our products and Services, and evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
The providers who support, improve, and secure our Site may have access to this Personal Information. We may also share some of your Personal Information with vendors who perform direct marketing or analytics services on our behalf.
1.2 When You Rent a Storage Unit
When you rent a storage unit with us, whether in person at one of our locations or online via our Site or App, we collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Identifiers, such as your name, phone number, driver’s license or ID number, signature, email address, phone number, or mailing address.
- Account Credentials, if you register for an account, we collect your username, password, and passwords hints.
- Protected Characteristics, some of the Personal Information we collect may identify characteristics about you protected under California or federal law, such as your age, gender, or military status if you provide it.
- Commercial Information, such as which storage unit is yours and your billing history.
- Financial Information to process billing, such as your bank or payment card information.
We use this information to complete your rental agreement, manage your storage unit, secure our facilities, maintain your account, process billing and payment, and otherwise run day-to-day operations. We also use your information to provide you a payment confirmation, send verification emails, and otherwise communicate with you about your account and our Services.
The providers who help us manage tenant records and support our online account portal may have access to this information. We also rely on payment processors to collect and handle billing and payment information on our behalf. We may also disclose some of this information to marketing or analytics vendors to gain business insights, improve and customize our products and Services, or inform our marketing efforts.
1.3 When You Make a Purchase
If you purchase storage or moving supplies at one of our locations, we collect the following information from you:
- Identifiers, such as your name.
- Commercial Information, such as the products you purchased or considered.
- Financial Information, to process billing, such as your bank or payment card information.
We use this information to process your payment and complete your purchase.
The providers who we rely on to process payments have access to this information. We may also store this basic transaction information with vendors who manage records on our behalf.
1.4 If You Contact Us
If you contact us by filling out our online webform, using the live chat feature on our Site, emailing us, calling our customer service line, or otherwise communicating with us, we may collect the following Personal Information:
- Identifiers, such as your name and the contact information you provide, like your email address or phone number.
- Audio Information, if you call our customer service line, your call may be recorded for quality assurance and training purpose.
- Commercial Information, such as your unit number or the Services we talked about.
- Identifiers, such as your first initial and last name.
- Commercial Information about the A-1 Self Storage location you are associated with visited or used.
- Identifiers, such as your name, birthday, or email address.
- Profile Information, like your profile URL, username, moniker, friends or contacts, likes, interests, posted messages, and other content you tagged or shared.
- Audio, Visual, or Similar Information, which includes your profile picture, images, video, recordings, or other media.
- Education or Professional Employment Information, such as your education history, work history, title, or professional membership, to the extent you make this information available on your profile.
- Website Functionality. Cookies help us run our Site securely and enable basic functions like page navigation.
- Performance and Analytics. Cookies help us analyze how you interact with our Site. These cookies enable us to monitor and improve website performance, services, and your experience. For example, we use Google Analytics to analyze Site traffic, how the Services are used, and to improve of our advertising efforts. To disable Google Analytics, please download the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On.
- Advertisements. Cookies also allow us to deliver advertisements and measure their effectiveness.
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected that information;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared that information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- Phone: (844) 653-4464
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comply with federal, state, or local laws;
- Comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that the business, service provider, or third party reasonably and in good faith believes may violate federal, state, or local law;
- Exercise or defend legal claims;
- Detect security incidents and protect against fraudulent or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible for such activity; or
- Transfer Personal Information as part of a merger or acquisition, dissolution of A-1 Self Storage, bankruptcy, or any other transaction in which a third party assumes control of all or part of A-1 Self Storage.
We use this information to provide customer service and respond to your requests, comments, or concerns. We also take your feedback to heart and may use this information to improve our products and Services, as well as train our employee on how to better serve you.
The providers who make the chat feature of our Site function or support our customer service line may have access to this information so that they can perform these services for us.
1.5 If You Leave a Review or Testimonial
You may choose to leave a review or rate your experience. You may do so through third-party websites, like Yelp or Google, or directly on our Site. If you use a third-party website or platform, that third party controls how your personal information is collected or used. If you leave a review directly on our Site, we collect the following types of Personal Information from you:
We use this information to let others know about our Services and our tenants’ experience. We also use this information internally for training and quality assurance purposes.
Vendors who support our website have access to this information. Your review or testimonial will also be visible to people who visit the website.
1.6 If You Interact with Us on Social Media
If you choose to share content, follow, like, comment, or otherwise interact with us on social media, we may have access to the following types of Personal Information depending on your profile settings and the features of those social media sites:
We use this information to connect and communicate with you on social media. We may also use social media to tell you about products, Services, or special offers.
2.2 How to Manage Cookies
If you wish to prevent Cookies from tracking your activity on our Site or visits across multiple websites, you can set your browser to block certain Cookies or notify you when a Cookie is set. If you block Cookies, certain features on our Site may not work. For more information on how you can customize your browser’s Cookie setting please visit the link to your web browser below:
Additionally, you may have the following options to opt-out of interest based advertising. We are not responsible for the completeness, effectiveness, or accuracy of any third party opt-out options or programs.
3. Information Regarding Children
We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years old. If we become aware that we have collected information from a child under 13 years old, we will delete such information from our records. If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe your child has given us information and you did not provide consent, please contact us at email@example.com or (844) 653-4464.
4. California Privacy Rights
If you are a California Resident, you may have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). If we collected Personal Information about you in your role as an applicant, employee, or independent contractor of A-1 or a business customer, this does not apply.
4.1 The Right to Request More Information
You may have the right to request more information about how we have treated your Personal Information in the past 12 months, including:
4.2 The Right to Request Access
You also may have the right to receive a copy of the Personal Information we collected about you in the past 12 months.
4.3 The Right to Request Deletion
Under certain conditions, you have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information. Simply logging out or uninstalling an app does not delete your account or the Personal Information we may have collected.
4.4 Third-Party Marketing and Selling
We do not currently sell or intend to sell your Personal Information to third parties without first providing you notice and an opportunity to opt-out. We also do not provide your information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We do not have actual knowledge that we sell Personal Information of consumers under 16.
4.5 How to Exercise these Rights
To submit a request to exercise these rights you may use one of these methods:
For all requests, please clearly state that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights,” indicate which type of request you are making, and provide your name, street address, city, state, zip code and an e-mail address or phone number where we may contact you. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly or that do not include complete information.
Before responding to your request, we must first verify your identity using your first and last name, phone number, email address, property at which you rented or inquired about a unit. If we cannot verify your request we will contact you for more information. If we cannot verify your identity after a good faith attempt, we may deny the request and, if so, will explain the basis for the denial.
4.7 Designating an Authorized Agent
You may designate someone to submit requests and act on your behalf (an “Authorized Agent”). To do so, you must provide us with written permission to allow your Authorized Agent to act on your behalf.
4.8 Do Not Track Requests
4.9 No Discrimination
We will not unlawfully discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
5. Legal Disclaimer
6. External Links
When you use this Site, you may find links to other websites we don’t own or control. We are not responsible for the content or any other aspect of these third-party sites, including their collection of your Personal Information. You should review their terms and conditions and privacy policies before proceeding to that site.
8. Questions and Contact Us
If you have a questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (844) 653-4464.
Effective Date 2021-07-15 13:41:38 -0700
Effective Date: 2021-04-12 09:42:44 -0700