Getting Ready to Deploy? Ask These Questions Before You Store!
Did you recently receive deployment papers? Depending on your military unit, you may only have a very limited time to prepare. No need to worry. Here at A-1 Self Storage it is our job to give military personnel peace of mind knowing their vehicle and household items are in a clean and secure facility.
Here are important tips and questions to consider prior to deployment:
- What items will you be storing? A few boxes or an entire household? Before you decide how much space you will need, you need to organize the items you intend on putting into storage.
- What size and type of self storage unit will you need? It's important to get the right size because it means you aren't wasting money on space you don't need. Check storage facility website and see what they offer. Many local facilities offer promotions, deals, and discounts on storage. It is very important to do your research on all the options in your area. Prefer to see some units in person? Store managers would be happy to give you a tour of their facility.
- Will you need climate-controlled unit? Climate-controlled storage units keep items at a constant set temperature. If you are going to be placing valuable items in storage, you will want to consider a climate-controlled unit. You may not know the length of your deployment, if you suspect it be longer than a year, climate control is recommended.
- Will you need to store your vehicle? What about your car or boat? Unless you have a family member or friends who plan to use these items during deployment, you may consider vehicle storage.
- Did you ask about move-in specials & military discounts? A-1 Self Storage offers military discounts. Be sure to stop by the office to get more information about Military discounts.
- Did you ask about payment options? A-1 Self Storage provides you with easy payment options: auto-pay, online payment, pay-by-phone, etc.
- What car storage options are provided? In some cases, you may be able to store your vehicle and household items safely in a large storage unit.
At A-1 Self Storage we understand moving can be especially difficult for our service members and their families. We're happy to help answer these questions, along with any others you may have!