Store Your Thanksgiving Leftovers
For some of us, the best part about Thanksgiving is the leftovers. Depending on how many family members and guests attend your feast, you may find yourself with a huge amount of leftover food. Do not let the leftovers go to waste! We gather the best storage tips about how to store your leftover Thanksgiving feast.
- Before Thanksgiving Day, clear some room in your refrigerator and freezer to make room for all of the leftovers. Plastics bins are a great way to group common types of food and help get the refrigerator organized.
- Make sure to have plenty of freezer bags, and Tupperware (including the corresponding lids).
- It’s recommended within two hours of serving the meal to refrigerate leftover turkey, stuffing, gravy, and other side dishes to avoid bacterial growth. Before refrigerating the turkey, carve the leftover turkey meat off the bones to save space.
- Purchasing round plastic pie storage containers can help save room in the refrigerator. You can stack them, plus you will not have to worry about anything crushing your pies! It’s important to refrigerate pies that contain eggs including pumpkin, custard, and cream pies.
- In order to keep track of the food you have stored in your refrigerator, you should write the name of the food, and the date when you put them in the fridge.
- If you are not planning on eating all of the leftovers within 4 days, store the leftovers in your freezer this will allow them to keep much longer.
- Finally, once the leftovers are packed away, refrain from opening and closing the fridge until the food has cooled down.
A-1 Self Storage wishes you happy Thanksgiving filled with love and joy!